INTERNATIONAL MAGIC CARTOON CONTEST 2009 - CHINA
1. Theme: MAGIC (MAGICIAN / ENCHANTER)
2. The competition is open to professional and amateur cartoonists from all over the world.
3. Only original cartoons or internet print outs signed by the cartoonists will be accepted for the competition. Photographs, photocopies, etc... will not be accepted. Computer-based copies are also acceptable.
4. Each entrant should provide title, name, age, address, career, e-mail, and telephone number on reverse.
5. Entries can be either black and white or coloured.
6. Size of cartoons should not exceed 29.7 x 42 cm (A3 paper size).
7. Maximum 8 entries will be submitted.
8. Deadline for entries is July 12, 2009.
First Prize - 2000 RMB + Medal + Catalogue
Second Prize - 800 RMB + Medal + Catalogue
Third Prize - 300 RMB + Medal + Catalogue
Five Special mentions + Medal + Catalogue
Zhu Cheng, Room 2510, Kaiming Press (5th Floor), Foreign Language Teaching and Researching Press Mansions No.19 Xi San Huan Bei Road, Hai Dian District, Beijing 100089, CHINA
11. Submitted cartoons will not be returned.
12. All cartoonists whose cartoons are published in the catalogue will receive a free copy.
13. The organizers take no responsibility of the damages caused by postal service or bad transport.
14. The organizers reserve the right to publish the cartoons submitted to the festival and use them in any forms. Your cartoon may be used for promotional purposes: cards, posters, catalogs, newspapers, magazine, and books etc.
15. E-mail: email@example.com
WEB: http://www.redmanart.com/ http://www.redmancartoon.com/
- 2nd International Snail's Graphical Humor Contest 2009 (1)
- Bulgaria 2009 (1)
- Cartoon exhibit in Portugal commemorating Freedom of Expression Day (1)
- INTERNATIONAL MAGIC CARTOON CONTEST 2009 - CHINA (1)
- International Cartoon Contest "TOGETHER FOR SECURITY AND PEACE" Ruse (1)
- SICAF2009. 13th Seoul International Cartoon and Animation Festival (1)
INTERNATIONAL MAGIC CARTOON CONTEST 2009 - CHINA
Indian Institute of Cartoonists announce the result of the Maya Kamath Memorial Awards Competition for excellence in Cartooning – 2008 and Best Budding Cartoonist.
WINNERS OF MAYA KAMATH MEMORIAL AWARD COMPETITION
1st Prize (Rs.25,000.00) - Sandeep Adhwaryu Cartoonist,
Outlook, New Delhi.
2nd Prize (Rs.15000.00) - Ramadhyani, Cartoonist,
Navika daily, Shimoga, Karantaka.
3rd Prize (Rs.5000.00) - Shankar, Cartoonist,
Sakshi, Telugu daily, Hyderabad.
Special Zury Award - Muhammad Zahoor, Cartoonist,
Daily Times, Peshawar, Pakistan.
Best Budding Cartoonist - Mujeeb Patla, Bangalore.
ORGANIZATION AND RULES OF COMPETITION
Provides opportunity for professionals and amateur cartoonists around the world to show their attitude to the staff of order and security authorities through the eyes of the cartoonist.
In a humorous way to represent relationships between the police employees and people who have come in simple, interesting, strange, conflict or other situations such as traveling on the road, in the court scenes, corrupt transactions, conversations, etc.
1. Each participant is entitled to participate with no more than 3 works. The cartoon size should be min. A4, max. A3 format.
2. Cartoons can be color or black and white, also digital works with original signature of the author.
3. Deadline for submission of the works is June 25, 2009 at the following mail address:
OD MVR - Ruse (Cartoon contest)
49 General Skobelev Blvd
4. Participants should send a short CV as well as: name, surname, job title, address and telephone contact, e-mail address.
5. The Jury will consist of the following members:
1) Ivailo Tsvetkov, President of FECO Bulgaria / Federation of cartoonists’ Organizations /
2) Rumen Dragostinov, Vice-President of FECO Bulgaria
3) Valentin Georgiev, cartoonist, illustrator, artist
4) Volodya Kenarev, artist, Deputy Mayor for humanitarian activities in the Municipality of Ruse
5) Elena Velikova, art expert, director of Ruse Art Gallery
6) Svetoslav Parvanov, commissar, director of Ruse Regional Directorate of the Ministry of Interior
7) Daniela Malcheva, regional spokesman for the Ministry of Interior in Ruse, Presscenter and Public Relations specialized administrative directorate of the Ministry of Interior.
I - 300 Euro (€) plus diploma
II – 200 Euro plus diploma
III - 100 Euro plus diploma
7 encouraging prizes and public choice awards.
6. Winners and other selected works will participate in an Art Exhibition in Ruse Art Gallery. Cartoons will not be returned, but will remain in the collection of the Ruse Regional Directorate of the Ministry of Interior. Some will be involved in prevention activities and projects for the public benefit, if appropriate (always displaying the author's name).
7. Postage must be paid by the participants. No fee is charged for participation in the contest.
8. In addition the exhibition artists will receive e-catalog on CD from the show and awarded works will be included in the contest brochure.
Participation in the competition is taken as consent of the author with these conditions.
We wish success to all participants!
OPENING OF THE EXHIBITION: 1 July, 2009, from 18 hours
Ruse Art Gallery, Ruse, 39 Borissova Str.
Questions about the organization and rules of the contest can be sent to Valentin Georgiev phone: 359 885 447 511 е-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org or at the e-mail of Ruse Directorate of MoI: email@example.com
Freedom @ Risk: Commemorating Freedom of Expression Day.
FECO PORTUGAL (Cartoonist association) and Amnesty International (Portugal), are co-organizers, of a cartoon exhibition, which runs on May 3th, 2009. Beside other events, program includes a cartoon exhibit targeting trough humor, the supreme values of freedom of expression and speech.
1-Theme: “Freedom at risk”. Each artist is free to approach the concept of Expression Freedom in all.
2-The exibition is opened to all nationalities, professionals or amateurs.
3-All the proposed drawings must be originals, no matter of prior publication or exhibit.
4-Maximum of 3 works is allowed per artist, in any way such as the following: cartoon, caricatures and graphic story (the last one, not exceeding one page). Any technique is permitted including the computer generated.
5-Drawings containing text must be in Portuguese language.
6- Drawing size permitted are A4 (21 x 29,7 cm) and A3 (29,7 x 42 cm), originals (if send, by traditional mail), to:
FecoPortugal – Associação de Cartoonistas, Rua do Alto Vieiro, 544, 2400-441 LEIRIA
or by e-mail, using JPEG file at 300 dpi to: firstname.lastname@example.org
7- Entry deadline is April 15 – 2009.
8- Drawings will be selected by a Jury composed by 5 elements. Afterwards all works will proceed to an open exhibit properly framed. A catalog is also available. Jury reserves the right to choose a set of works extra-catalog, to be exhibit as well. Non-selected works for the catalog will be mentioned at the same. Jury is composed by a FECOPORTUGAL member, Amnesty International member, one cartoonist, one cartoonist researcher and one writing author.
9- Every selected artist will be given one catalog copy.
10- Drawings sended by traditional mail, must contain the following information: artist´s name, complete address, telephone number and e-mail. If send by e-mail, same is applied as above in an attached file, such as Word.
11- Short curriculum must be included along with the proposed work in paper or computer file.
12- The exhibition will be inaugurated at the “Casa do Artista” (Lisbon) at May 3th, Freedom of Expression Day, complemented with other initiatives such as debates and retrospectives on Caricatures and Censorship. Exhibit is staying on place for about two weeks and after that, will go on an itinerancy, not exceeding eight months.
13- All originals will be returned as soon as itinerancy ends. The works send by e-mail, will not.
14 - Organization is not responsible for any damage caused to the works due to mishandle during transportation by mail.
15- Artist’s participation implies accepting the rules and surrender the works for advertising and promotional basis of the event and the catalog publishing as well as the exhibit itinerancy for the eight months as mentioned above. No payments will be made to the participants nor will either any profit result for the organization.
1 Any professional artist or amateur can participate in this contest.
2 The subject of the contest is the SNAIL.
3 The participants can send a maximum of 3 works to compete, as long as they have not been awarded previously in another contest.
4 The works (only in frame, you can’t send strips or comics) can be made with any pictorial technique, with unique format of A-4 size (210 mm x 297 mm) or proportional.
5 Works without words will be only accepted, in Catalan, Spanish or English languages.
6 It is precise to send works, solely by electronic mail to email@example.com, 300 points of resolution in format JPG or JPEG.
7 The term of work admission finalizes the 1 of April of 2009.
8 The works must go accompanied of a card that includes the name, last names, direction, telephone and photographs or cartoon of the author.
9 An only prize will be granted, to the winning work, of 1,002 euros; the trip in Lleida for two people and, if therefore it express the winner, two nights of lodging in the city with data in determining by the organization to attend the collection of the prize that will give day 22 of May of 2009. It is recommended not to vary the data of the trip since the expenses that any change of the arranged data generates are in charge of the winner.
Also, we will distinguish a work among 50 by popular votes. This distinction won’t offer economic reward but the organization will send a diploma to the artist.
10 The decision of the jury will be unquestionable.
11 The composition of the Jury will be compost by people tie to the Fecoll, Iltrica Viatges and Humoralia.
12 The decision of the Jury will be notified the winner during the last two weeks of April of 2009 by electronic mail and will later publish to the Web of Humoralia http://www.humoralia.org/ and the Fecoll http://www.aplec.org/
13 The author of the winning work will have to give original in hand or by mail certified properly protected to the organization of the contest during the first fortnight of May. If the work is done by digitals, it will have to send a firm copy by the artist. The direction of the Federation of Gangs of l’Aplec of the Caragol is: Obradors Street, 2. 25002 LLEIDA.
14 The first 50 selected works will be exposed to the seat of the Fecoll, and if it is placed diagonally in other enclosures.
15 The electronic version of works could be visited the virtual gallery that will be published after the vestibule of Humoralia and the Fecoll.
16 The organizers reserve the right to spread and to reproduce the winning work and the other 49 selected, only during made public l’Aplec and this contest in futures convocations, without express authorization of the author or author, and without that represents no obligation respect of the artist.
17 The participation in the contest supposes the complete acceptance and without reserve of these bases. Any doubt that can arise will solve the Jury.